Thursday 7 August 2014

A trip to Porto - Meeting Vânia Fernandes (stellabeauty08) and giving money to prisoners and pedophiles (day 1)



One Direction's last concert of the european tour was gonna be in Porto, Portugal so me and a lot of friends planned our separate little trips not only to visit Porto but also to attend the concert.
My group was me and 3 other girls, one being my sister. My other friends planned their own trips with each other. This goes back to when 1D first announced they were coming back to Portugal, this time on their "Where We Are Tour". We all bought our tickets and started planning the trips. One of the girls in my group offered to search for hotels or hostels and she ended up planning the whole trip.
I was not too sure about that because I'm very picky with things and I like to be the one planning them. But I was very wrong! The hostel the 4 of us ended up going to was and is absolutely incredible. The Yes! Porto Hostel (http://www.yeshostels.com/pt) has great rooms, very clean bathrooms, a ton of services and, in general, a great environment.

One the 12th of July we traveled, by train, from Lisbon to Porto. We were all very nervous as it was our first no parents or adults travelling experience.
In the train I was on Twitter and I found out that Vânia Fernandes (https://www.youtube.com/user/Stellabeauty08) was in the same train as me. I tweeted her and when the train arrived to the station we met. She is the nicest person, so lovely and so cute. I just wanna be friends with her!!! We said our goodbyes and I got a hug from her, so cute!!

Then we, me and my friends and sister, had to catch another train to go to the hostel. When we arrived something great happened to me: I almost fell!! But it was all good as I think no one saw it.
We searched for the hostel and when we finally found it we were sweating like pigs because it was very sunny and very hot. We entered the hostel, climbed up a few stairs to go to the reception. We were welcomed by a very nice boy, in his 20s, who happened to be very cute and good looking. He asked us if we were tired, I'm guessing because he could tell that by looking at us. We all looked miserable!! Just a little bit...
We were about to paid our stay in the hostel and when we were grabbing the money off our wallets I suddenly was very nervous and started sweating even more. I grabbed my money, a pack of notes, 250€, and started couting to take off 70€ to pay, 35€ for me, 35€ for my sister. He said the price like twice and I still couldn't understand it. But it wasn't as bad as I'm describing it. After sorting out the payments he gave us our room keys, which were in fact bracelets, explained us the rules and gave us informations about the hostel. He was very very nice!

We went upstairs and chose our beds, locked up our things and got ready to leave to explore the city.
At first it was all very confusing but after walking through a few streets and eating some ice cream we decided to go back to Torre dos Clérigos and from there, following our map, we tried to visit as many places as we could and along the way a lot of things happened...

 

My sister and one of the girls got a hand kiss and flowers from a good looking boy; I almost fell... again; We took pictures; We tried to find the supermarket, which took ages... 



But the most interesting things that happened were when we were walking and man came up to 2 of us and started telling us his life story. He was asking for money and said that he'd rather ask people than do crazy shit to people because he didn't want to go back to prison, as he had been there for 4 years. We gave him a few coins, he thanked us and left. Then when we were trying to find a place to have dinner at a man came up to us and said he knew a good and cheap place to eat at, which was very famous around there. He led the way and at first it didn't seem suspicious. But then we started walking too much and went into kind of a dead end road, very dark and dirty. My sister was walking next to him, because she didn't knew that he was the one who had came up to us and that he said the restaurant was just down that street, and the rest of us were walking in the back planning a strategy to get rid of the man. It was all very strange and suspicious. I pretended someone was calling me right when we arrived at the dead end street. The man said to us: "C'mon, the restaurant is just up there. C'mon, don't be afraid, I won't hurt you." What a pedophile, we thought. We got rid of him by saying that a friend of ours was calling us and we needed to meet up with her. The man said okay and asked for a few coins to pay for the bus. At first he asked for 50cents, then 1€ and after giving him that he asked for more 50cents. He left with just 1€ and went up to other people to ask for more money. Bloody fucker!!

We arrived at the hostel, which was just around the corner, got ready to leave once again and found a nice, near by, chep place where we ate beautifully!!

It was dark by the time we left the restaurant but we didn't want to go to the hostel, except for my sister who wanted to go see the rest of the football match, so we walked for a little bit and then came back.

The rest of the night was peaceful. We were at the common room for a while, read a magazine in german, took pictures and chatted.
If the first day of this trip had been like this I couldn't imagine what the other two would be like!