Tuesday 12 August 2014

A trip to Porto - One Direction's concert and seeing my friends (day 2)

We woke up at 7am so that we could visit some other parts of Porto. Getting ready, eating breakfast and preparing some snacks for the day took us around 45min and we left the hostel at almost 9am. We walked for maybe an hour, maybe more and after being dissapointed by the fact that the stores and other things we wanted to visit were closed, as it was a sunday, we decided to go to the train station. We took the 10h45am train to the Dragão Stadium.


Once we got there we went inside the mall next door, went to a few stores, bought a few things and met up with friends. We all had lunch at different times but we were together, most of the time. After that we went to Zara and me and my sister bought clothes, which we changed in to, as they were more comfortable and more concert appropriate.


At around 2pm we went outside because the heat inside the mall was too "heated", was making some of us feel sick and others sweat like it was the end of the world (such a beautiful image...). Outside had been hot but it was a lot fresher and under the shadow it was bearable. We stayed there, went to the mall again after a while to buy some drinks and went back outside.
At around 4.15pm we decided to go to the gates, to enter. There was a lot of people still and the sun was burning my back as the shirt I was wearing that day (the one I'm wearing as I'm writing this blog post) is backless.

(the gates before 3.30pm)

When we got inside the first thing I thought was "bathrooms, i have to pee"! In the bathroom I did pee and also filled up my water bottle. Once we actually entered the stadium
we searched for a good place and we ended up staying with two friends of mine. We had to wait 1hour and 20min before the show actually started and in the mean time we chatted, made jokes, danced, sang, listened and watched the people inside the stadium go mad and do "the wave" several times. At 6pm they started playing songs and the highlights for me were when the played 5SOS, favourite australian boys, Olly Murs, always good for a boogie and Little Mix. I jumped off the floor right when the songs started, screamed like a little girl and sang my heart out, dancing and shaking because of the adrenalin (the actual concert hadn't even started, it was far from that and I was already in "Crazy Carolina Mode").
At 7pm the opening band D.A.M.A. started their show. I sat down for the whole thing. I am not a fan of the band, I was pretty tired and I'd rather be jumping and singing (more like screaming, once again "Crazy Carolina Mode") whilst One Direction were playing...
When that was over we listened to another hour of songs and this time the highlights were Little Mix's 'Wings' and 'Salute'. I was literally shaking and singing as loud as I could and dancing and everything. I absolutely adore them! And the funniest thing happened... I had gone to the bathroom and right when I was finished and went to wash my hands 'Salute' started playing. I ran outside, looked for my sister, who had gone with me, and as I didn't see her and absolutely didn't care about her at that precious moment of my life, I went to the field of the stadium... literally dancing whilst walking down the stairs and doing all sorts of movements that showed how into the song I was. When i arrived to our little spot on the field I danced and sang and didn't care about anything else. I was going for it and it was probably one of the most embarassing things I had ever done because by the time the song ended, and also whilst it was still playing, there was a mum of someone looking at me, judging me hard time. She did it when I was dancing and she kept doing it when I sat down after the song had finished. I didn't see this happening because I was really commited to the song and to my dance moves... I ended up knowing about this afterwards and I thought it was pretty funny. Definitely a moment to remember!

Then it was time! One Direction were finally going to start their show and it was incredible. They were so fun, jumping, running and doing all sorts of weird stuff, pulling funny faces... typical 1D boys!

  • Liam hurt his foot so he was sat down for the whole show, apart from one song. It was really cute, the fact that he made that effort for his fans! CUTE!!!
  • Niall was his usual silly self, pulling lots of faces, telling us the news about the World Cup Final, playing the guitar whist looking damn sexy!
  • Harry was looking dashingly gorgeous and so sexy with that bandana of his, talking loads and sending loads of kisses to the fans nearest the stage!
  • Louis was also his usual self, very chatty, very funny, very dummy! (in a good way!)
  • And Zayn was hot, as he normally is, every day, every hour, every minute... and you could tell he was loving it!

I absolutely love them all and loved the show!
But I have to be honest, I liked the concert of the previous tour better but this one was still very good. I wanted them to sing a few songs from the previous albums and more songs of the current album but still I had a great time and I didn't want it to end!

(If you want to see pictures of the show there's gonna be a blog post just with pictures in a few days. Keep an eye for that.)

When the show was finished it was really hard to leave the stadium but when we finally managed to do that we went to the train station and took a train from Estádio do Dragão to Trindade. Then we had to take another train to São Bento so we looked for the ticket machine to obviously buy a ticket. We couldn't find the machine so we went to São Bento with no ticket. Shame on us...
The hostel was about 10min away from the train station but it felt like a long walk as we were all very tired and dead. Once we arrived there all we wanted to do was have a shower and get into bed. But something had to happen... at about 1am two of the receptionists, the one that I fancied and the one we all like to call alcohol because we didn't know his name, were outside having a cigarette and then they saw us arriving, all looking miserable and tired and dead. All they could do was ask how had the concert been. We said it had been good and then climbed the stairs up. Once again I started sweating, classy me!... So embarassing! I hope they don't remember me if I ever go there again...
They went into the reception and we went to our room, two floors above. And that was the last time I saw the good looking receptionist!...
All we did when we arrived to our room was eat something because we didn't have dinner, take a quick shower and go to bed. It had been a fantastic day!