Saturday 10 January 2015

2014 Songs

It's the New Year which means it's time to create new memories and to try new things. But that can't be done until all of last year's favourites are kept in a place where in a few years time I can go back and say "Oh, it's true, in 2014 I really like this and that...". So, what better place to save memories than a place where I go on a daily basis. This way I won't forget where I've saved my memories...

As you probably could tell by the title of this post and by my little ramble I am going to be telling you about my favourite songs in 2014. It will be to let you know a little more about myself but also to save my "song memories" some place I can easily access in a few years time. Enjoy!

In 2014 I loved a whole range of songs that go from slower and more melow songs to up beat ones that get you started for the day by boosting your mood. Also the fact that I went to a few concerts last year really made me love songs even more.
I went to an Emblem 3 concert (before Drew left the band), Union J, Jessie J & Justin Timberlake, One Direction and James Arthur. I watched Ed Sheeran's and Lorde's Rock in Rio's concerts on TV.
Because of all them concerts I started listening to the albums of the respective artists a lot! 

Emblem 3's album was a mood booster for Spring.
I really enjoyed listening to the slower songs on Union J's album.
I started loving One Direction's album all over again - this always happens to me with them: I go to a concert and for a few months I am in love all over again!
Jessie J's older songs were a favourite of mine this Summer.
Justin Timberlakes's songs were blessing whenever I wanted to dance around the house.
James Arthur's album was one of my favourites this year. It has a lot of meaningful songs which really touch me whenever I listen to them.

The TRXYE album was on repeat this Summer, specially "Happy Little Pill".


One album I also really loved this year was an album I've been waiting for for 2 years. And that album is Ella Henderson's Chapter One. I honestly love all of the songs in that album!
Also Little Mix's Salute album. So good, such an awesome mood booster.


In terms of single songs I really loved the classic "All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey and "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Christina Aguilera - during the Christmas season obviously.
I really liked and still like "Yellow Flicker Beat", such a good song!

Soundtracks were also a favourite of mine - Disney Movies Soundtracks to be precise. Frozen was obviously the main one but I also really enjoyed Beauty & The Beast.

To end of the post I have to talk about my favourite song on Taylor's 1989 album. It has got to be "Blank Space", definitely!

And that's just a resume of my favourites songs of 2014. There's a whole lot more but I couldn' possibly name each and every single, otherwise the post would be the size of an elephant.
Tell me what were your favourite songs of 2014 on the comment section below!

Love,
Carolina Rosalie ♥