Saturday 28 March 2015

Divergent Series: Insurgent

About this time last year I was about to finish reading the book "Insurgent". I had read the first book of the series and I started reading the last book a few days later. When I finished reading the whole series I was really sad not because of how the story ended but because it ended. I wanted to keep on reading... I fell completely in love with the characters, the story, the meaning of it all.

It was also this time last year that the first movie adaptation of the book series premiered. I went to the movies to watch it and I left feeling completely satisfied: the movie had made justice to the book. I left feeling good but also feeling an urge to watch the second movie.
One year later here we are, the second movie of the series has premiered and I went to watch it a couple of days ago and I have a lot to say about it!

Visually it is a great movie, very well made. In terms of the story line everything makes perfect sence. But one thing that I didn't like all that much was the fact that the story was a little bit different from the one in the book and a lot of important details were kept from us.
People tend to say that if you have read a book series that you shouldn't watch the movies because you might feel disappointed. And this time I totally understand why they say that, this time I left the theatre feeling a little bit disappointed.
It's not that big of a deal because (1) the movies are an adaptation of the books so they don't have to be really precise with all the details and (2) the movie was still really good. But still I feel a little bit sad that the producer and director of the movie didn't make justice to the original story line present in the book.
I don't know what's going to happen on the next movie but I am really urging to see it, even though I wasn't amazed by this one. (Note: This is just my opinion, don't come jumping on me please!)

Comment down below what did you think about the movie "Insurgent" whether you have read the book or not. Also tell me what types of posts you'd like to read in the future, I am open to suggestions because I am in a changing process of my "Carolina Rosalie brand".

Love,
Carolina Rosalie ♥