Thursday 26 March 2015

Singer/Songwriter

When I was little I was constantly dreaming about doing some creative with my life and that dream has persisted till now and it will accompany me till the rest of my days. I always knew I wanted to be an actress, although at the beginning of my life - when I was 2 and 3 years old - I wanted to work in the fashion industry. It was in my 4th year of life that I realised that acting was my one and true passion... or so I thought!
Music was always a huge part of my life but I only realised the dimension of its importance when I was 13 years old. I started taking guitar lessons and a few months later I took part in my school's music club where I started discovering that I could sing. Me and one of my best friends at the time, who was also in the music club of our school, were the back-up girls because we did not have any singing experience, we were only starting to get to know our voices and starting to learn techniques.

Eventually I stopped having guitar lessons and for about a year, after I finished 9th grade, I stopped singing. But I turned back to music when I went through a rough time in my life, just after I had turned 16 years old. At that period of my life music was an escape and a way for me to express my feelings. I started singing again which really upset my mum and sister because I'd sing 24/7 if I could. This was a complete new experience for me: yeah, music had been important whilst growing up but never that important... Eventually my mum and sister accepted that I was turning into a "constant singer" and after a few months it was an absolutely normal thing that happened in my life and their lives. 

Nowadays music is an escape, a way for me to express myself and a hobby. And I want to take steps to better myself as a singer, as a songer writer, I want to take steps to become a guitar player, a piano player and a music composer. And my way of doing that is to have music lessons again.
I totally see myself pursuing this passion and turning it into a career and so this time I really want to take it serious. 

There's something about music that makes me feel this mix of emotions, music makes me feel alive. When I sing it's like my problems disappear!
And there's something about the singer-songwriter type of artist that just really attracts me. I love to write, I love to sing and I feel a lot safer and less nervous when I have a musical instrument with me, so to combine these 3 things would be perfect and I find this perfect combination in the singer-songwriter artist!

Love,
Carolina Rosalie ♥