Saturday 15 March 2014

Transition

There comes a time in your life when you'll feel very different from the people surronding you, when you won't understand some of their decisions or attitudes, when you'll feel like you are an outsider, not because they make you feel like that, but because you no longer have things in common and you think they're immature. This might be a hard phase, specially if your group of friends is substantially of people around your age or younger than you. You'll find yourself wondering "what the hell" did you see in them, why do they act so childish... You won't spend as much time with them as before and you might try to make an excuse everytime they invite to do something. 

This, my friends, is currently happening to me. I'm not the most sociable bird so my group of friends is quite small and recently I've been noticing that I don't wanna hang out with them as much as I did before.
It started last Summer and this somehow claustrophobic feeling (I wanna "get out of the group", but I can't because I don't have other friends to turn to) is getting bigger by the day.
So I talked several times to my mom, a person who does understand what is happening to me. From that I tried to understand what all of this is and it's very simple... I am growing up.
When analysed it doesn't appear so strange anymore. I have noticed that also my taste in music, clothes, food, books, makeup and other things is changing. I want more classic things, sophisticated, deeper, enjoyable... things that a couple of years ago I thought were horrible and very different from what I liked.
Of course I still have an immature side to my personality and I'm goofy all the time. Of course there are still things I enjoy, just like before. Of course I'm not a grow woman yet, in a lot of aspects... there's time for that. I just wanted to say that all of this is an important part of your transition into "adulthood". It doesn't happen to everyone at the same time, some may find themselves experiencing this at my age (18 years old), some before, some after but the fact is: all of us do!
So don't feel scared or lonely when this changes involve other people. They will understand if you need to spend more time alone or the fact that you don't find a certain joke funny anymore... they'll understand that in their own time.

Thanks for reading everyone! Take care!
Love,
Carolina Rosalie :)