Saturday 26 September 2015

Coconut Cake

When I had my "Get Together With Friends" I asked my mum to make my grandma's coconut cake which is delightful. I thought you'd like to know it's recipe as it is a lovely cake to make whenever you feel like having something sweet and light.

For the cake you will need:
250g of caster sugar
250g of plain flour
125g of butter
8 tablespoons of milk
80g of coconut powder
4 eggs
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of warm sugared milk - to had later to the cake

Pre-heat the oven at 180º degrees.
In one bowl whip the egg whites stiff and in a separate bowl cream the sugar and the butter together. Add the egg yolks to the sugar and the butter and mix well. Add the coconut powder and after that the milk. Stir in the flour with the baking powder and mix. Add the stiff egg whites and fold in.
Take to the oven in a buttered and floured cake form.
When the cake is half baked - when it's been in the oven for about 20 to 22 minutes as it takes about 45 minutes to bake - pour the warm sugared milk over it.
When the cake is done take out of the oven and sprinkle coconut powder on top. Let it cool and then it's ready to serve.

If you bake my grandma's cake let me know how it turns out and if you like it or not!

Love,
Carolina Rosalie