Thursday 17 September 2015

Les Misérables

I had heard about the musical Les Misérables and that there was a movie version of it and although I love musicals and movies combined together, I did not have much interest in watching this one, up until I saw the trailer one day.
Weeks later I sat at my desk with my laptop and I watched two different versions of Les Miserábles. First the 25th Anniversary Concert and then the movie.

The Anniversary Concert is called "Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary" and amongst the cast there are a few very talented stage actors which are part of my personal favourites. These actors are Ramin Karimloo and Hadley Fraser who took part in "Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall", Samantha Barks who usually plays Éponine in "Les Misérables" at the West End and Nick Jonas who has a special place in my heart due to his Jonas Brothers past.
I enjoyed watching the Anniversary Concert but because there was no staging the scenes, I didn't really understand the whole story as I had never seen any version of Les Misérables.


After watching the concert I watched the movie and let me tell it is bloody brilliant. It's such a good movie that I bought myself a DVD of it as soon as I could. The fact that it is a musical with pretty much no dialogues - so they sing a lot which I love! - combined with the fact that it has the most incredible cast combined with the fact that it has such a powerful message, sold me right away!
The more I watch it the more I fall in love with it!

Even my sister who does not like musicals likes the songs of this one!

This musical has only made me love musicals even more and it has made me understand that they're what I want for my life!
Love,
Carolina Rosa