Saturday 26 October 2013

Role Models

Whilst growing up everyone has that one person they look up to. Each step they take, what they do in simple situations, what they do in hard situatuions... everything the people we look up to do is important to us. In some cases those idols might be our parent, our sibiling or our friends; in other cases the usual thing we do is we look up to actors, singers someone we can't reach, someone we don't know 100%. But they are our inspirations, our role models, what we deep down want to become...
In my case there are 8 girls I look up to. These girls have been in my life through happy and sad times, through hell, through everything. Everyhing I feel, every decision I make are things I do on my own but is like they're there because they thought me so much, without even realising.
These eight girls are: Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Perrie Edwards, Jade Thirlwall, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Taylor Swift.

Demi, Miley and Selena have been a part of my life for a few years. I grew up watching them on TV, on some of my favorite series and movies. I grew up wanting to be like them!

Demi Lovato out of the 3 is the most important one to me. Her story, her journey from Disney times to now is something that has a soft spot in my heart. I'm really attached to her, she's like a big sister to me, the big sister I never had.
I first saw her on "Camp Rock" and I fell madly in love with her character and so I searched things about her and her life. I bought her first record and the songs were constantly being played! And from that time to now she became my biggest role model, the one I look up to in music and in almost everything health and beauty related.

Miley Cyrus is also really special to me! I first saw her on "Hannah Montana" and I loved her... but now I love her even more. She started to change, back in 2010 when I saw her live in concert, in Rock in Rio Lisbon and I started to change with her. I was 14 when she was 18 and I understood her choices and the way she was acting, she was growing up to be an independent woman who does not care about what people say or think about her. I loved the way she started to behave, her attitudes!!
Recently she apparently had a drastic change but I know it's not like that... she had been planning this for a long time and I must say I like the new Miley. She's a fighter and she is who she wants to be! I'm proud of her, she's my other big sister and I love her!! <3

Selena Gomez is my little one. I also grew up watching her on Disney and she inspired me. I wanted to be a part of the cast of "Wizards", I wanted her clothes and her characters clothes... I wanted to be like her!!!
She also grew up and she is becoming a beautiful, independent and strong woman. She inspires me because she never gave up on her dreams and she conquered the world, in my eyes. She's gorgeous, talented, humble, a hard worker... she's Selena Gomez and that's enough!

(to be continued...)

(If you want to comment below saying me who are your inspirations I'd be happy to read it!)