Friday 26 December 2014

Body Confidence & Being Overweight (All About Me Series)

Throughout many years of my life I never felt good about myself, never felt comfortable in my own skin because I've always been overweight, from what I remember. In my younger years I didn't feel like the rest of the kids but the worst part began when I started middle school.

Middle School
At that age you want be pretty and feel pretty, you want other people to notice you, specially boys so you have to look good in order to get their attention.
At that age I didn't feel pretty, neither happy about my body and or image. I wasn't happy in my own skin mostly because people around me didn't think I was pretty enough or thin enough... At that age image is important to every single person and if you don't look like other people think you should look then you are not worthy of their time or attention and you'll feel sad as, in most cases, they will left you out of the situations.

Middle School Now
Now that I look back in time, I realise that all of those things didn't matter because at the end of the day it's not the things people think about you - your body, your likes and dislikes or any other thing -that make you who you are... it's what you think of yourself and what you make of yourself that make you who you are!

High School
After finishing Middle School I started High School and those years were life changing years because I made friends who helped me realise that my worth was not measured in my looks but in my actions. In Middle School I had friends like that too but it was just in the last year that I started to gain my confidence back again and realise my worth.

Now
In the present day I am still not 100% confident or happy about the way I look but I have come really far from where I was 5 to 10 years ago.
Now I know that my worth is not measured by what other people think of me but by what I make of myself. So now my thoughts are positive and I am focused on making myself a healthy and happy person, a better person in general!

And that is a resume of my story! If you'd like to know more comment down below and ask me the questions that you want me to answer. If you've not seen my video where I give you tips on how to feel happy and confident about yourself then click the box below and it will take you to the video.


Thank you so much for reading. I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Carolina Rosalie ♥