Wednesday 31 December 2014

Confidence & Self-Esteem

Well this goes hand in hand with the previous episode of this series but obviously they have some differences. The other one was only about body confidence but this one is about it in general.

On my previous post I sort out told you that throughout the majority of my life I've had lack of confidence and self-esteem due to several things: body issues, being overweight, gaining weight, family situations, school and friend issues.
It's not been until recently that I've started to gain my confidence back. At the moment it is not on 100% nor near that percentage but the positive side is that it is rising.

Where It All Began
Throughout my life I've experienced several things that I never thought I would and when you're a kid you're not prepared to deal with certain things, neither physically nor emotionally. So obviously you will suffer in some way, shape or form. I, for example, suffered both physically and emotionally. I gained a lot of weight and I developed social anxiety. Those two things were the harshest ones but there were a few other things that happened which were significant but I've overcome them.

The Consequences
Having developed a mental illness as well as gaining an insane amount of weight sort of killed my confidence and self-esteem. And when I was younger I didn't know what was happening to me or why those things were happening so I could not figure out what I should do nor ask for help. The weight gain and the level of anxiety started getting bigger and bigger, growing and growing as the years went by and it wasn't until things got a little bit more serious and tricky that I realised that something was happening.

Solutions
To make things a little easier on me I talked to my mum and asked for help. The only help she could give me was comfort and advice. I would like to receive more help but she deals with her own things too so the help she gave me was the best she could do and I'm grateful for that. She was and till this day is the only person who has ever gave me help.
Also because now I am older there are some things I can do to help myself. I've come this far mostly all on my own so I must be doing something right!

Confidence & Self-Esteem Back
Like I said I'm not in any sort of way close to being 100% confident and assured of myself but I am getting there. I will keep on doing the things I've done so far and hopefully in a few months or years I will have made more progress and I will be more happy and confident.

If you've not seen my video on how to gain your confidence and self-esteem back then click the following box and it will take you there.


Thank you so much for reading. If you watch my video let me know if it was helpful and make sure you subscribe to my channel if you'd like to see more of my videos.
Love,
Carolina Rosalie ♥