Thursday 16 October 2014

Eat. Pray. Love.

There's this thing called insecurities. They affect both women and men and they do not come with a warning. One day you simply become aware of certain aspects of either you or your life and if they don't please you, you become insecure about them. It's like an attack! One day you feel perfectly fine and the next day you have all kinds of thoughts that make you believe you are not good enough.
This happened to me, like it happens to a lot of people, at a young age... but I managed to deal with it and to overcome some of these insecurities, these fears.
It was definitely not an easy task and it took me many years and many tears but now I am much more assured of myself as woman, as person and as a human!

Every single person in the world has had or may still have a little "bug" in their heads telling them "You must be like this! You must not do this! Be like her/him!" and much more. Like every single person in the world I have had this "bug" in my head and some days I still have it...
These thoughts come to your mind probably because you don't value yourself enough or at all really. I know I didn't...
There are parts of me, of my life that I do not like at all and sometimes I wish they would disappear... But that's not possible and if it was I wouldn't be complete.
All things negative in people's lives have a purpose and people should not wish them not to be. I would not be me if I hadn't gone through the negative phases of my life. People would not be themselves if they hadn't experienced the things they did, negative or positive.

Everything we go through, everything we are part of was meant to be. Every experience, event, thought, feeling is another piece of our lives that is joining the things we've been gaining from day one! I am never going to be happy if I don't accept every lesson life has to offer me!

The movie "Eat Pray Love" is one movie that has thought me a lot about life. Every time I watch it I learn another lesson.
Lesson 1 - Eat, food is to be enjoyed: Food is one of my lovers, my passions but I was always very self-conscious about eating. I always felt guilty about eating certain things and I didn't let myself enjoy the meals I had. That part of my life is over!
Lesson 2 - Pray, God is always there to help you: I don't believe in commiting to a religion but I do believe there is something in this world, something above us all. I call it God! He or She is always there for me and has always been. This supernatural force is not what got me through though times but it helped, gave me hope!
Lesson 3 - Love, it's the most powerful force in the world: People, food, objects, moments, feelings are some of the things that deserve our love, If they have made you happy then you should love them with all your heart!
Lesson 4 - Love Yourself: People have got to love themselves, they have to accept their features and experiences and embrace them even if they don't like them. All those features and experiences are what makes us ourselves.
Lesson 5 - Fear: It's okay to be afraid, to not know what's next. Sometimes you just have "To Let Go And Let God"!
Lesson 6 - Enjoy Life: It's important to enjoy life as it is given to you because it is a blessing. Life does have its ups and downs but at the end of the day it's all going to be okay and you've got to be grateful about that.

There's a lot more to say about this movie and the lessons I was able to get from it but for now I think this is gonna have to do. I will definitely write more blog posts like this because I really liked this post and I am happy and proud to share my experiences, opinions and points of view.
Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin' and all my other social media, as well as my Youtube channel. Come back in a couple of days for a brand new post! :)

Talk to you soon!
Love,
Carolina Rosalie ♥